Well… It’s been a while. Earlier this year we had several house guests, some short-term and others not-so-short-term, which kept us busy. Then there was my computer breaking, which has made it a major task to even check e-mail, never mind uploading pictures, linking posts, and blogging. Then there was finding out that we’re going to be having a BABY and the traveling and appointments away from our city, so yes, I’ve been adequately distracted. However, I’m back and ready to continue sharing some of our China experiences, ideas, resources, etc. from time to time.
We’ve been continuing with our second year of date-around-the-world monthly dates. In June we traveled to Japan. We had a whole lot of good food & a great time.
Here are some pictures of our experience and some ideas for creating your own at-home Japan date:
- Wear some sort of Japanese-themed outfit, something that looks like a kimono (or a bathrobe will work, too!)
- Make sushi, miso soup, teriyaki chicken, edamame, and tea. Making sushi can be done ahead of time or can be part of the date.
- Decorate with paper fans or lanterns.
- Sit on the floor with a mat. We used an old bamboo mat that came with our apartment.
- Watch a karate documentary and do a karate lesson together.
- Do origami. This site has lots of great printable instructions.
- Listen to Japanese music.