When the 500 grams of gelatin I ordered online turned into 1500 grams on arrival, I decided it was time to get going in my jello-making ventures. Cherry coke jello, a perfect afternoon caffeine boost to pick us up before class & evening activities.
4 cups Coke Zero
2 Tablespoons gelatin
2 ½ Tablespoons grenadine
Directions and Notes:
1. In a small saucepan, combine 1 ½ cups of the Coke Zero and the gelatin. Heat the mixture slowly and stir for 2-3 minutes until the gelatin is very thoroughly dissolved.
2. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl and add the remaining 2 ½ cups of coke and the grenadine. Stir to combine.
3. Refrigerate until it sets.
20 mini chicken legs (or use wings)
¼ cups soy sauce
2 Tablespoons oil
¾ cup Coca-Cola (original… no diet or flavored kinds)
2 Tablespoons chopped green onion (optional)
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions & Notes:
1. Pour 2 Tablespoons of the soy sauce onto the chicken and allow the chicken to sit 10-15 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
3. Add the chicken and seer until it is golden brown, but still not cooked through, about 1 ½- 2 minutes on each side.
4. Add the remaining soy sauce and coke. Allow the mixture to continue cooking uncovered on medium-high heat for about 20 minutes until the liquid reduces and becomes a glaze.
5. Sprinkle with black pepper and green onion if desired.
This recipe was adapted from this website.