On Friday night, we invited one of our favorite groups of girls over yet again for a photo scavenger hunt. We’d done these in America and remembered how fun they could be. Here’s how we set up our photo scavenger hunt:
We had a group of about 15 people who we divided into three teams. We met at our house at 5:30 and had some snacks and drinks to hold them over until after the activity when we’d eat together. Then we gave each group an instruction sheet with directions in both English and Chinese. We asked one of our friends to read the Chinese instructions to everyone and then sent them off. For the photo challenges, we tried to choose things that would be a bit of a challenge, but nothing too crazy since this was a fairly new concept to them (and all the people they’d run into). We gave them 90 minutes; we should have given them only about 45, we think, because they all finished pretty quickly. Of course, this depends on where you live and how far they need to go to complete the challenges. 45 minutes would have been great for the particular hunt listed below on our campus, because everything was really close by or could be done anywhere.After they completed the challenges, they came back to our house and worked on uploading the pictures to one of their QQ pages where we viewed them after dinner and evaluated whether each picture qualified for points. We gave prizes and called it a night!
Note: Our friends all have camera phones, so gone are the days of scrounging up extra cameras like we had to do back when I was in youth group. :) Transferring pictures ended up being too much work– they wouldn’t e-mail fast enough or we didn’t have the right transfer cords. If you try this in China, we recommend having friends upload the photos to their QQ pages and then opening those pages on a computer so everyone can view them– this method was fast and easy.
Here is a copied and pasted version of the instructions and challenges for our photo scavenger hunt; you may need to change them to fit your situation, but these worked for us. A PDF copy of this document is available for download below as well.
-今天你需要跟你的团队合作拍一些照片。下面列出了一些有趣的拍摄挑战。你需要赋有创意并且动作迅速的拍下这些照片。你和你的团队有 __ 分钟去拍尽可能多的照片。有些照片可能会要求你们团队的全体成员都出现在上面，所以你也许需要请别人帮忙拍照。下面的每个挑战你只需要一张照片；如果你每 个挑战都拍太多张照片的话，我们将没有时间去全部看完。每张你的团队拍出的照片都会得到分数，并且当晚最好的三张照片将会得到额外加分。最先返回汇合点的 团队也将会得到额外两分。将会有奖品！！！尽情去玩吧！
Take a photo of:- 拍照内容：
- Two members of your team kissing a lion.- 你们团队中的两个成员在亲吻一只狮子。
- At least 3 members of your team wearing crazy or interesting hats (2 points).- 至少3名你们的队员戴着疯狂或有趣的帽子（2分）
- Two members of your team with one of the school guards.- 两名你们的队员和一位学校保安
- Two to three team members riding a bicycle.- 两到三名你们的队员在骑一辆自行车。
- Two team members pretending to be monkeys while eating bananas (2 points).- 两名队员假装是猴子在吃香蕉（2分）
- One of you holding or hugging a cute dog.- 你们中的一人抱着一只可爱的狗狗
- A picture of one of your teammates taking a picture.- 一张记录有你的一个队员正在拍照的照片。
- Your whole team wearing brightly colored glasses or sunglasses (2 points).- 你们全体队员都戴着彩色眼镜或者太阳镜的照片（2分）
- Your whole team with China’s flag.- 你们全体队员和中国国旗。
- Two members of your team with a picture of Chairman Mao (not on your cellphone).- 两名你的队员跟毛主席像的合影（不能是你手机上的）
- One member of your team holding a chicken (2 points).- 你的一名队员拿着一只鸡。（2分）
- Your whole team playing basketball.- 你们全体队员在打篮球
- Your whole team eating lollipops.- 你们全体队员在吃棒棒糖。
- Your whole team sitting on a scooter. 你们全体队员坐在一辆电车上。
- Your team making a human pyramid (2 points).- 你们团队在做人体金字塔。（2分）
- Someone making a funny face, not someone on your team.- 一个人在做鬼脸，不能是你团队的人。
- Your whole team dancing in public.- 你们全体队员在公共场合跳舞。
- A selfie in the mirror of your whole team.- 你们全队在镜子前的自拍。
And here is a PDF of our scavenger hunt page if you want to download and use it. If you need it in another format, just let me know! Photo Scavenger HuntTwo members of your team with a picture of Chairman Mao. Two members of your team pretending to be monkeys while eating bananas. One member of your team holding a chicken. Your whole team eating lollipops. Two members of your team kissing a lion. At least 3 members of your team wearing crazy or interesting hats. Your whole team sitting on a scooter. A selfie in the mirror of your whole team. Two members of your team with one of the school guards. Two members of your team pretending to be monkeys while eating bananas. Your whole team with China’s flag. Your whole team eating lollipops. Your whole team wearing brightly colored glasses or sunglasses. A picture of your whole team playing basketball.