I’ve been making honey roasted nuts for a few months now in the oven. But I love my crock pot, so this week I set out out to find a recipe for nuts that I could make in it. These nuts were so incredibly tasty! I made them yesterday and they made the house smell absolutely amazing. Now, just hours later, they’re almost gone. This recipe’s a keeper for us!
4 cups nuts or choice (I used raw nuts that I’d already roasted for about 20 minutes.)
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cup white sugar
3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon (yes, that’s Tablespoons)
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 small egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup water
Directions and Notes:
1. Place nuts in the bottom of a crock pot.
2. In a small bowl, combine vanilla and egg whites. Pour over the nuts and stir until nuts are coated.
3. In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour over the nuts and stir until the nuts are coated.
4. Cover the crock pot and turn it on low. Cook the nuts for three hours, stirring every 30 minutes. After two hours, add 1/4 cup water.
5. After three hours, turn the crock pot off. Remove the nuts from the crock pot using a slotted spoon, and place them on baking paper to cool. Stir the nuts every 3-5 minutes until they are cooled. (If you forget to stir them, you’ll end up with one hardened clump of nuts.)
Recipe adapted from: The Recipe Critic