I’ve been looking for a good, fudgy brownie recipe made with oil for a while. Like a really, really long while. And they always turn out too dry or cake-like for our taste. But these ones finally hit the spot. “Keep it or keep looking?” I asked Austin after giving him one of these tonight. “Keep it. Blog it. Make it again!” was the response. The 10 college boys in the next room currently devouring batch after batch seem to agree.
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
Directions and Notes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 9″ round pan.
3. In a medium bowl, beat together the oil and sugar.
4. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat until just combined.
5. In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, and then pour the dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
6. Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees until the edges of the brownies are pulling away from the edges of the pan.
7. Cool completely before cutting.