One of my friends makes this and brings it sometimes when she comes over for dinner or a party at our house. It’s easy as can be. This version uses mature vinegar (陈醋- chen2 cu4). We’re big fans!
2 large cucumbers
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
3 Tablespoons brown vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, chopped small
2 Tablespoons oil
3 crushed dry red peppers
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions and Notes
1. Wash the cucumbers and use a rolling pin or heavy butcher knife to smash them.
2. Use a knife to then cut the cucumber into pieces 1/2″- 1″ long. Put them into a big bowl.
3. Add the salt, sugar, and vinegar, and toss the bowl until everything is mixed.
4. In a small saucepan, heat the oils, garlic, and crushed dry red peppers over medium heat for just a minute or so until fragrant.
5. Pour over the cucumber mixture and stir to combine. Serve immediately.