2 cups cilantro leaves
1 small onion, peeled, plus 1 large onion for kabobs
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
½ dark green spicy pepper, seeds included for heat or removed for reduced heat
1 two-inch piece of ginger, peeled
1 ¼ teaspoons salt
¼ cup oil
1-3 Tablespoons lime juice
½ teaspoon curry powder
1- 1 ½ pounds beef, cut into one-inch chunks
Directions and Notes:
1. Place the cilantro, small onion, garlic, pepper, ginger, salt, and 3 Tablespoons of the oil in a food processor or magic bullet cup and process until a paste is formed.
2. Put 2 Tablespoons of the paste into a small bowl and stir in lime juice to taste in order to make a cilantro sauce. Cover and set aside.
3. Stir the curry powder into the rest of the paste. Pour this mixture over the chunks of beef and marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes or in the refrigerator for up to a few hours.
4. After the beef has marinated, cut the large onion into 6-8 wedges and separate each wedge into 2 layers. Thread the beef and onion chunks onto wooden skewers.
5. Brush a baking sheet with the remaining 1 Tablespoon of oil and place the kebabs on the baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes until the beef is cooked through. Or bake at the same temperature on a wire rack over a foil-lined baking sheet, turning midway through the baking time. Serve with the cilantro lime sauce.
Recipe adapted from: Real Simple