2 Tablespoons oil, divided
1 1/2 pound cabbage, chopped into 1/2″ wide ribbons
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup water
1 chopped onion
2 very small tomatoes
1/2 dark green chili pepper, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1″ ginger, minced
2 bunches of cilantro, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions and Notes:
1. In a large frying pan, heat 1 Tablespoon of oil. Add the chopped cabbage, turmeric, salt, and 1/3 cup of water. Simmer until the cabbage is about half way cooked. Remove from the frying pan and set aside.
2. In the now empty frying pan, heat the second Tablespoon of oil and add the ginger, garlic, and green pepper. Sautee for 2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add the onion and saute another 2 minutes.
4. Add the cilantro and tomato. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the tomato is mashed.
5. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, and cabbage. Cook for 5 minutes.