This month on our Date-Around-The-World Tour, we traveled to the Wild West. This was a really fun date. Here are some ideas for creating your very own Wild West date night.
- Dress up as a cowboy/ cowgirl. We didn’t have any cowboy hats, but we scrounged around the house and found a bandana, a gun (that we’ve used as a prop for so many dates this year!), a flannel shirt, and a pair of cowgirl boots.
- For decor, Google some pictures with a Wild West theme. I printed off a saloon sign, a few saloon posters, and made this “Wanted” poster with our two faces posted on it. Our date night took on a wild-west-meets-country-picnic theme with red and white checkered tablecloths, drinks in glass jars, and straw baskets.
- For food, try hamburgers, barbecue french fries, barbecue baked beans, and a good old chocolate pie for dessert. Some other ideas we considered were pulled pork sandwiches, chili nachos, or hamburger quesadillas. Pile hamburgers high with toppings of barbecue sauce, caramelized onions, fried eggs, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, sauteed mushrooms, veggies, ketchup, mustard, etc.
- Play western/ country/ cowboy music of choice in the background.
- Pick up a dart board and play darts. (We got a magnetic one to avoid holes in the wall.) Or make it into a game. Ideas: Certain areas of the dart board award certain toppings for your burger– or your partner’s. Or certain numbers of points can buy certain toppings.
- Dance a couple of line dances. We did the Tush Push (a little more challenging) and the Cowboy Boogie (easier) using these YouTube videos.
- Watch a movie with a western theme.Here are some ideas: Fievel Goes West, Unforgiven, Maverick, The Alamo, True Grit, Rango.