We like to make our own jello from fruit juice… it’s easy and much cheaper than lots of jello mixes we can get in foreign food stores. It’s fun to experiment with different combinations of juice.
Directions and Notes:
1. Put the water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Allow this mixture to stand for at least 5 minutes. This softens the gelatin.
2. Meanwhile, add 2 cups of the juice and the honey to a small saucepan. Bring this mixture to a boil.
3. After the juice and honey mixture has come to a boil, turn off the heating element. Add the water/gelatin mixture to the juice/honey mixture and stir for at least one minute until the gelatin is totally dissolved.
4. Add the remaining 2 cups of juice and stir to combine. Pour into a medium container or into individual cups.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until set.
Here’s a Taobao link where I bough my gelatin… I don’t know how long the link will be open, but you can find some by searching with the Chinese term above.: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.54.Dg4K0f&id=36550822448&ns=1#detail