We’ve been having a lot of fun experimenting with different popcorn flavors. One we’ve made a few times now is Snickers popcorn. Caramel, chocolate, and some real candy stirred in… it’s a fun snack for movie nights at our house. It’s a hit with our local friends, too!Ingredients
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
3 Tablespoons oil
1/4 cup caramel, melted
40 grams dark chocolate (China friends, that’s about 8 rectangles from a Dove bar here)
optional, but recommended: Snickers candy bar of any size, chopped into small pieces
Directions and Notes
1. In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat the oil and 3 kernels of popcorn over medium-high heat.
2. When the first kernel pops, add the 1/2 cup of kernels and cover the pot immediately. Give the pot a quick shake to coat the kernels with oil and then allow the pot to sit still while the rest of the kernels pop.
3. When the popping almost stops, turn off the heat and remove the pot from the heating element.
4. In a double boiler, or carefully in the microwave, heat the chocolate and caramel. (I’ve melted them both together and separately for different batches in the past and we prefer the way it tastes when they’re melted and added separately.) I used the caramel made from condensed milk from a previous post and it was a little thick, so I stirred in just a touch of milk.
5. Pour the chocolate and caramel over the popcorn and stir until evenly distributed.
6. Stir in Snickers candy bar pieces. Enjoy!