In May we “traveled” to Mexico for a little Cinco de Mayo. Here are some ideas for a fun Mexico-themed date, any time of year!
- Make some form of piña coladas or Mexican hot chocolate.
- Make big plates of nachos, or make taco bowls. We had a taco bowl bar using taco bowl molds. They were so fun to make and eat with!
- Dress up in whatever you think someone might wear in Mexico. Austin cracked me up with his makeshift poncho-scarf. I wore big earrings & bright colors.
- Learn to dance the Salsa together. There are some links on YouTube with easy-to-follow instructions. There are lots of them out there; here are to different links to try if you don’t have time to browse for yourself: Link 1 and Link 2.
- Decorate with red, white, and green. I used green and white tissue paper to make fringes around our food table. Here’s another website with some free printables for decorating. That’s where I got my “Fiesta” sign in the pictures.
- Watch a Mexican sporting event. We watched a Mexico soccer game, but anything will do.
- Watch a movie set in Mexico like Three Amigos or Man on Fire.
- Set up the house like a Mexican resort with beach towels and umbrellas. Listen to Mexican music while sipping on fun drinks.