3 ½ cups nuts (I use a combination of cashews, almonds, and mostly peanuts)
3 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon oil
1 ½ Tablespoons chili powder
1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground red pepper
½ teaspoon salt
5 Tablespoons white sugar
Directions and Notes:
1. If you are using raw nuts, first bake them for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
3. Pour the liquid over the nuts and toss until all of the nuts have a shiny coating.
4. In another small bowl, combine all of the spices (not the white sugar). Sprinkle the spice mix over the nuts, stirring until evenly distributed.
5. Pour the nuts onto a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees, using a spatula to stir the nuts half-way through this baking time.
6. Remove the nuts from the oven. Allow them to cool slightly for just 2-3 minutes, then sprinkle the white sugar over top while the nuts are still warm and stir to evenly combine.
Continue to stir every 2-3 minutes until the nuts are totally cool. This will prevent them from sticking together.
Store in an airtight container.