2 cups raw peanuts
1 teaspoon oil
3 Tablespoons honey
3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon salt
Directions and Notes:
1. Spread the peanuts on a baking sheet (it is not necessary to remove the red paper-like layer around each peanut) and bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees, giving the baking sheet a little shake half way through the cook time. Be careful not to let them burn.
2. In a small bowl, combine the oil and honey. Stir together well and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until warm. Pour over the peanuts and stir.
3. Place the honeyed peanuts back in the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes, tossing them midway. Bake them up to 5 more minutes until dark golden brown. Remove from oven.
4. Stir the peanuts every 1-2 minutes as they cool for the next 10 minutes. This is important so they don’t end up all stuck together.
5. After the peanuts have partially cooled, sprinkle the powdered sugar and salt over them and stir until well-distributed.