4 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
3/4 cup mayonnaise (China friends, I just use the jars of stuff called “Salad Dressing” that they sell in most supermarkets… not the best quality or the healthiest, but it works for this recipe.)
1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 Tablespoon yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 celery rib, sliced
1/2 cup onion, minced
2 1/2 hard-boiled eggs
1/2 teaspoon paprika (or to taste)
Directions and Notes:
1. Boil peeled potatoes in salted water until tender. It’s important to the taste to make sure the water is salted. In a medium pot of water, I added about 1 teaspoon of salt. Cool to room temperature.
2. Place diced potatoes in large bowl.
3. Mix the mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in another bowl.
4. Stir this mixture into the bowl of potato cubes.
5. Add celery and onions and mix well.
6. Cube the eggs and stir them in.
7. Sprinkle a little paprika on top and refrigerate until serving.
I didn’t know how this would go over with our local friends, but they loved it! It was gone by the end of the night!
Recipe from Food.com.