1/2 cup peanut butter
3 Tablespoons white sugar
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
dark Hershey’s kisses (optional)
Directions and Notes:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
3. Stir in the baking soda, flour, and salt.
4. Roll the dough into 18 balls. Flatten each ball of dough slightly between the palms of your hands and then gently press a Hershey’s kiss in the middle of the disc. (Flattening it by hand first prevents so much splitting when the kiss is pressed into the center.) Arrange on the prepared cookie sheet.
5. Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes in the preheated oven until the cookies are golden brown.