1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons buckwheat flour (or more all-purpose flour)
2 Tablespoons wheat germ (optional)
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup mashed pumpkin
1/4- 1/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk (Slightly more or less milk may be needed depending on the amount of moisture in the mashed pumpkin being used; the batter should be somewhat thick.)
1/4 cup cinnamon powdered sugar
Directions & Notes:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Stir wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
3. Spray a mini-muffin tin well. Alternatively, you can dip a paper towel into a small bowl of oil and oil the mini-muffin cups by hand.
4. Fill each mini-muffin cup to about 3/4 full and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
5. Remove from oven and wait just about 2 minutes while the donut holes cool slightly. Carefully remove from tin and immediately roll in cinnamon powdered sugar.
Serve with fabulous homemade fruit salsa….
Or with nothing at all…
Serving estimate: Makes about 30-36 donut holes.