2 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoon oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup whole wheat flour or ground oats
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornmeal (Our supermarket often runs out of cornmeal in which case pulsing millet in the food processor can yield a good substitute.)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup mix-ins (chocolate chips, walnuts & raisins, etc.)
Directions & Notes:
1. Mix the wet ingredients together, and then fold in the dry ingredients.
2. Spread the mixture into one long mound on a greased cookie sheet. The mound should be about 6″ x 10-12″, and about 3/4- 1″ high.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
5. Slice the biscotti into 3/4″ wide pieces and carefully transfer it to a wire rack with the freshly cut sides facing up and down.
6. Bake on the wire rack for another 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and cool before eating.