1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 large cloves of garlic (crushed)
5 chicken legs
Directions & Notes:
1. Combine all ingredients except chicken in a large plastic Ziploc bag, large enough for the legs to be added later. Reserve a small amount of the marinade in a small bowl to brush onto the baked chicken later.
2. Cut 3-4 slits in completely defrosted chicken legs and add the legs to the bag. Allow them to marinade at least 5 hours or overnight (12-18 hours) in the refrigerator, flipping the bag partway through that time for more even marinating.
3. When it is time to bake them, remove the legs from the bag and place in a single layer on a cookie sheet/ baking sheet. Place foil over the top of the pan. Bake the legs for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Remove pan from oven briefly and remove tinfoil, flip the chicken legs over, brush with reserved marinade, and return to oven (without tinfoil) to continue baking for 15-25 minutes until cooked through.
5. Brush with more marinade if desired before serving.
Makes: 5 legs